SAFR RIDERS FAQS
Safr is a new ridesharing service focused on the safety and empowerment of women. With unique features designed for and by women, we aim to improve lives through safe transportation, job creation, and financial security.
Our drivers undergo comprehensive background checks in criminal and motor vehicle history, and our in-ride security features make sure you feel safe at all times. Drivers are paid more than the industry standard and are incentivized to provide best-in-class service.
When you choose to ride with Safr you’re supporting a like-minded women and elevating your community by helping to improve greater gender balance, choice, and participation in the sharing economy.
- We empower our drivers and riders to choose the gender they feel most comfortable riding with. Simply specify your preference when setting up your account. You can update your choice whenever you like by clicking the drop down menu located on the top left corner of the app’s home screen.
Safr does not deny service on the basis of gender. We give our users the power to create a safer environment in which to travel.
Safety features include:
- Safr Standard: Each and every one of our drivers are personally vetted by Safr through an in-person interview and driving session. Drivers also take a bystander awareness and ride safety training session, so they are best equipped with resources and techniques to ensure your safety during your ride.
- Command Center: Safr has 24/7 real-time monitoring where rides are tracked to ensure your safety and provide the best possible experience. Upon indication of any deviation or disservice, Safr will immediately contact the rider or driver to resolve the issues.
- SOS: If a passenger or driver is uncomfortable in their Safr ride, or in case of an emergency, users can hit the Safr SOS button. This gives them the option to contact Safr, 911, or a pre-determined emergency contact who will immediately receive a text message indicating you don’t feel safe in your ride and your location.
- Color Matching: Drivers and passengers are assigned a color for each ride. Colors must be verified by the driver and passenger before starting the ride to ensure the driver is picking up the correct passenger.
- Background Checks: Safr invests more in its background checks than any other ridesharing company. Our drivers undergo comprehensive background checks in criminal and motor vehicle history so you can have peace of mind when getting into their cars. For additional information contact us at email@example.com.
- We look forward to bringing Safr to markets throughout the world and we will continue to launch in new cities as soon as we can. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram so you can continue to receive accurate and up-to-date information.
- We calculate your rate by using a combination of distance traveled and time spent in transit.
- While we don’t encourage cancellations, we ask that if you have to cancel you do so as soon as possible after requesting a ride. There is no charge to you if you cancel a ride within 5 minutes of requesting a ride. After 5 minutes a minimum of $5.00 fixed charge is automatically applied.
- While tipping is not required, nor available through the app (yet), it is appreciated. We invite you to tip your driver in cash if you feel you have received exceptional service.
- When your ride request is accepted by a driver, your driver profile will pop up at the bottom of the screen. There you can see a picture of your driver, make and model of their car, license plate number, and how long until they arrive. You can also follow your driver’s approach on the map through the app. When they arrive, the Safr app will alert you. Before getting into the car, be sure to confirm your driver with our Color Match feature. The ride will not start until driver and rider have verified their color match. Drivers and riders are assigned a color for each ride. Colors must be verified by the driver and passenger to ensure the driver is picking up the correct passenger.
If for some reason the Color Matching system is not verifying, delete the app, reinstall and try calling the ride again. Make sure your rider does the same.
- Contact your driver by clicking the call or text buttons right on the app after a driver has accepted your ride request.
- When your driver arrives to pick you up, a horizontal bar indicating your color will slide up at the bottom of the screen. Tell your driver your color, then press the button that allows you to enter your driver’s color. Once the correct assigned colors are entered, your ride will be verified and you can continue on to your destination.
If for some reason the Color Matching system is not verifying, delete the app, reinstall and try calling the ride again. Make sure your driver does the same.
- Yes. Our drivers must pass rigorous background and vehicle checks as well as in-person interviews to ensure they will help drive peace of mind.
- If your app isn’t working for some reason, or stalls, delete the app from your phone and reinstall it. We are constantly making updates to the app and sometimes, it’s just easier to re-download it. This should solve your problem.
If you’re still experiencing issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- This feature will be coming to Safr soon.
- If you have an issue with your Safr driver, we invite you to use the in-app contact feature to let us know about it. One of our customer service representatives will contact you directly.
- Yes, you can request a ride for friends. Click the gift icon in the upper right hand corner of the app to send your friend a ride or money. If your friend does not already have our app, they will be prompted to do so upon receiving your link via text. If they have the Safr app, the gift will appear in their account.
- Safr’s primary focus is on the safety and empowerment of all women in the ridesharing economy and we welcome all riders who believe in and support that mission. Safr does not discriminate on the basis of gender or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Yes. You must be 18 years or older to use Safr at this time.
- No, not at this time. Passengers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. However, Safr will offer rides for unaccompanied minors in the near future.
- Service animals task trained to assist disabled individuals are permitted in Safr vehicles.
- Safr’s primary focus is on the safety and empowerment of all women in the ridesharing economy and we welcome all riders who believe in and support that mission. Safr does not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation and/or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Yes. You can schedule a ride with Safr in advance through the calendar icon that appears next to the “Where to” field when you open the app.
- Airport service will be coming soon.
- Yes. To find out about current promotions and discounts please follow us on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram.
- If you realize you’ve left something behind, please contact customer service at email@example.com and we will do our best to help retrieve your item and get it back to you.
- Safr accepts applications for charities across the US. To become a part of our charity network, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our riders can select up to three charity categories as part of their sign up process and based on the highest demand and enrollment by charities as part of our network, Safr donates a part of its net revenue to different charities.